Monday 16 April 2012

Review: Doll Parts (2011)


First I´d like to thank Karen Lam for sending me a screener of her film.
A serial killer's (David Lewis) bad day is made worse when he picks up the wrong girl (Sara Lind). Doll Parts is a short film, the running time is just under 10 minues, written and directed by Karen Lam. Both David Lewis and Sara Lind give good performances as a predator suddenly discovers that he is the prey, the pacing is good, it´s professionally shot and edited and soundtrack is good. There are some gore, a mix of practical fx and some computer gendered fx but I will not go into any details as I´d risk to reveal spoilers if I did. The CGI looks pretty good but it´s a matter of taste, some enjoy computer gendered fx but I do prefer old school make-up fx.
This review is based upon a screener provided by Karen Lam.
Rating: 6½ out of 7. I enjoyed this short film but I wish it would have been at least 10 minutes longer. It will be interesting too see Karen’s future projects!

/JL

No comments:

Post a Comment