Monday 3 September 2012

Review: Famine (Video 2012)


First I´d like t thank Ryan Nicholson for providing me with a screener.
Two years after a high-school prank involving flesh-eating acid nearly kills popular teacher Mr. Balszack, the graduating class of Sloppy Secondary holds a ’24-Hour Famine’ charity event on school grounds. But there’s an uninvited guest at this event, masquerading as the school’s handyman mascot, and he’s got an insatiable hunger of his own. The power’s cut, the doors and windows are chained shut, and now it’s not just cheerleaders who are getting nailed! Has Mr. Balszack come back for revenge? Is his sad tale just a cover for a brand-new psycho? Can the Nailer be stopped before the whole Class of 2011 goes six feet under? Famine is written by Jeff O´Brien, Taylor Nicholson and Ryan Nichlson who also is the director. The acting is decent, it´s professionally shot and edited and in my opinion this has the best cinematography so far when compared to Ryan Nicholson earlier movies. The soundtrack is good but the use of Heavy Metal is a matter of taste, but I think it is used to a good effect to accentuate the killers rage in the killscenes, let´s just say we´re talking "overkill". There is plenty of intentional bad taste comedy in Famine, it might no appeal to everyone but I like it. Now I know that many are wondering if it´s a gorefeast. Yes it´s very gory and graphic and it´s all practical fx. And as I mentioned we are talking overkill here... it gets really messy. I love it!
In the T & A department Famine is actually surprisingly restrained compared to the previous Ryan Nicholson/Plotdigger Films as there is only some brief topless nudity. But similar to Ryan´s earlier movies many of the women have skimpy outfits and are real cock teasers..
This review is based on a online screener provided by Ryan Nicholson
Rating: 7 out of 7. My first thought as I started the VLC player was "bring it on" and I´m very pleased to say that we are in familiar Ryan Nicholson/Plotdigger Films territory. I enjoyed this a lot! It´s good, gory fun.

/JL

No comments:

Post a Comment