Friday 6 September 2013

Review: Fortune Cookie Prophecies (2011)

 

First I´d like to thank Henry Li for contacting me and providing me with a screener.
When his wife cracks open a fortune cookie that prophesizes her death in four days, a pro-life doctor must solve the mystery behind the fortune before it's too late. Fortune Cookie Prophecies is written and directed by Henry Li. The acting is good, the camerawork and editing is good. The soundtrack is really nice! As you understand the productions values are good. The pace is actually decent but yet it feels slow as there isn´t much happening for large parts of the flick or at least it felt that way to . A slow pace isn´t necessarily a bad thing, I have nothing against slow burners but there needs to be more satisfying rewards/pay offs. Now on the topic of pay offs, there´s no gore in this, okay it´s a movie about ghosts/spirits but I would have liked to see some gore, some gruesome kills (yup, it´s the gorehound in me complaining) as just because there are ghosts/spritits that doesn´t have to exclude the graphic red stuff. There´s no T and A in this.
This review is based upon a online screener provided by Henry Li.
Rating: 4½ out of 7. Fortune Cookie Prophecies isn´t bad it´s just a bit uneven and there are some very nice scenes in this, some suspenseful and scary scenes but unfortunately there aren´t that many of them. As a gorehound I was disappointed but I know that there are planty of people out there who prefer their movies not being to graphic. That said I must point out that the production values are good and the concept is very nice. Recommended to fans of the supernatural/ghosts genre.

/JL



No comments:

Post a Comment